Thursday

After my house…Tagtime at Stampotique

 

Aftermyhouse

This tag was made using the Stampotique Great Moon, Spiderweb, and sentiment from Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley. I just love her sentiments, some and quirky, some are fun…she also has some more serious sets. I started by cutting the tag with the Tim Holtz Tag die template. Then I spread distress stains on my teflon sheet and sprayed with a bit of water, then smooshed (not a word, I know..lol) the tag through it a few times until I had the look I wanted. I dried it with a heat gun, and then distressed the edges. The moon and sentiment were both stamped on patterned paper, cut out, then distressed. I ran the ribbon through the same ink I had leftover from the tag, wrinkled it into a ball, then dried with my heat gun. You have to be a bit careful doing this…it can start smoking pretty fast, and I am thinking it could start on fire if you aren’t careful. In the end I did put a tiny touch of yellow Stickles on the star.

Thank you for stopping by,

Kim

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a stunning tag. I love the colours and structure of your background and the words are wonderful Thanks for joining the Stamptotique designers challenge

Willy said...

Love your tag, Kim! It's so beautiful! Thanks for the great quote; it's one I need at the moment.

Debbie said...

Beautiful tag Kim! Gorgeous colours and I love those images! Awesome!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a wonderful tag, love the background.

Atticelf said...

Fabulous tag and thank you for sharing your process. I often wonder how some of these amazing creations evolve. Love how your colors turned out and the sentiment is spot on. Thanks!

Sue said...

Beautiful tag with an unusual sentiment:)

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful tag, love the colors. So happy to see you playing over with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week!

fatmonica said...

I love this-the wording's brilliant!

Moniqui said...

It is simply awesome!

Kaz said...

It's so lovely to see you playing with us again Kim. Love this tag, it's beautiful xx

SmilynStef said...

My-oh-my I adore this ... the colors, images, sentiment ... absolutely magical.

Linda said...

Beautiful tag. It reminded me of the Anne Bradstreet Poem "Here followes some verses upon the burning of our house, July 10th, 1666."

Related Posts with Thumbnails