Thursday

Challenge Me Thursday - One Layer

Wow, you guys are tough! I chose this challenge today, because so many of you jumped onto the bandwagon with this! No layers was tough enough, but then you all added no embellishments, no swirls, and no purple? Yikes....

Anyway, I made a few different things, and they all got filed...straight into the garbage! This really was tougher than I thought.....but I did finally get a card made that is half decent. How I yearned to add layers....some ribbon...swirls...lol

I stamped the branch from Hero Arts with Brown and Green chalk inks, and stamped it randomly around the edges. I then stamped the bird in nest from Inkadinkado with black archival ink, and coloured it in with my Copic Markers and a bit of Spica Glitter pen ( a girl HAS to have a bit of bling on a card..lol) If you click on the card to make it bigger, you will see where I added the glitter pen. I then went over all the edges with a sponge and tea dye distress inks to give it a bit more life. The sentiment is from the same clear set as the bird in the nest.

Thank you so much Ladies! This was an awesome challenge for me, and I got back to basics with this!

Have a wonderful evening and see you same time next week!
:)
Kim

5 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

Awesome! You did a great job with this challenge & I agree it was a difficult one! I love the look of those branches & how they surround the bird/nest.

Julie Mutch said...

Kim this is awesome! I don't know where I would have started with a card with no layers - but this is great! I might just have to challenge myself to try this - just for fun!

Hope your first day back at work went well. I'll chat with ya soon! :)

Hugs,
Julie

Birdbrain said...

Well done! I love the bird stamp.

CreativeMish said...

You did a fabulous job! I love that little bird and his scraggly feathers! Love it!

Deborah March said...

Hey, I'm IMPRESSED! When I played with "naked stamping" over at TwoPeas during their worldwide stamping week, I had the same reaction as you did...this was HARD! Cute card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails