Thursday

Challenge Me Thursday - Patterned Paper

Evening Everyone,

Urgh....the paper that Val gave me to use.....I just can't tell ya how much I don't like it! I have a card all finished, and it's AWFUL!!! I mean really truly awful. I am hot, it's so humid here, so I think I am going to have another shower, and go to bed. I am up really early, so if I can't think of something to save my ugly card, I will just take a picture of it how it is....urgh.....I didn't realise how stumped I would be with one piece of patterned paper? I guess it's really just not me, but, that's no excuse! lol I think it was probably fine, until I decided to stamp, stamp, stamp on the background paper...now it's tooooo much!!!

I am sorry Val, but this one really has to wait til morning!!! lol Hopefully I will dream up something to save it, and I don't have much of the paper left...urgh

I am really challenged....lol
See ya in the morning!
:)
Kim


Edited to add: Ok, I got up this morning and took the card apart, and basically just put everything onto a white card base with no stamping. Looks 100% better than it did last night, but I still don't like it! lol

The tree is from Inkadinkado, the oval is from Amuse. The sentiment is from CHF.
Thanks for stopping by!
Kim

6 comments:

CreativeMish said...

I think you did a great job on the card. Simple, yet the red paper make the image pop!

Jennifer E. said...

Kim, I like this card. It's not as bad as you made things sound. Like Michelle said, the red in the pp really makes the image stand out. You've done a great job coordinating the colors of this card. I love how the green under the tree matches the ribbon you chose & the red pp around the image pulls the red from your photo corners, and of course the tree and the sentiment are perfect!

Birdbrain said...

You rose to the challenge! Well done!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." Now I rather like this card. I love the color combo and how you've used your "ugly" paper as a frame to the image. I think is is very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim...
It just struck me that I hadn't checked in to see what you had done with that "horrible" piece of paper *LOL*!!! It's one of my favorite papers! Isn't it funny how difficult it is to create when you're not "in love" with the supplies?! **giggle** Anyway, your end result is beautiful as always! I love what you did with the photo corner punch (it's a punch I don't have - hmmmm...)and of course the patterned paper around the tree looks lovely. I'm inspired to try something similar - thank you! Hugs, Val

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love this card. The image is wonderful. We often love the same stamps. Must buy this one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails