Thursday

Moon Bathing

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted this week because I have been so busy and haven't really had time to stamp. I did make this card, a bit at a time though, and just finished it up tonight. I have been going thru my stamps and there are so many I haven't even inked up yet! Yikes! I am going to try to use some of the things (stamps, papers, ribbons) that I have been hoarding, I think that is my stamping resolution for the year! lol

I have no idea who makes this Asian Lady stamp, but the Cherry Blossom is made by Rubber Stampede. I didn't want to do to much and take away from the lady, so I just stamped and embossed some Cherry Blossoms, and coloured them in with Copic Markers. I coloured the lady's skin and coloured the moon with the silver Spica Pen. I then stamped and embossed another lady, and coloured in her cloak with Copic markers, and went over the flowers and leaves with a clear Spica Pen. It adds such a nice soft touch. I then cut out the cloak including her hair, then layered it over top of the first image. I did colour a bit on the bottom layer as well, because in person the bottom of the cloak is lifted quite a bit and you can see a bit under the layer. The white layer was then layered onto a beautiful piece of black paper that is embossed. If you click to make the picture bigger, you will probably see the paper better.

Well, off to bed for me, I have the remainder of a First Aid course tomorrow for work, oh joy! It was a long and a bit boring day today! lol Hopefully tomorrow is more interesting!

Have a wonderful evening!

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great card Kim, love your cherry blossoms. Still on the fence about buying the copics but they certainly seem to do nice work.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh my! This is beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

Flower said...

She turned out beautful, Kim!! She's a D'Analen stamp ;)

Sharon said...

Kim, Simply GORGEOUS! I really like how you layered her hair and cloak.

Sharon (aka Celticrafter)

Henry said...

This is a great post, thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails